Assessment item 1: Major individual assignment
Due: When to submit:
Submission details will be posted on subject website at UTS Online at the start of each semester.
Assignment submission due dates apply to all students, including standard mode, distance mode,
and HKMA students, as well as to all forms of assignment submission, including hard copy and soft
Task: Task 1 (10 marks): Quality Management System (QMS) / ISO 9001:2008
Complete the following tasks using the example of a 5-star International hotel.
1. 1: Write a Quality Policy for the company in accordance with the ISO 9001:2008 requirements
(approx. 1 page).
1. 2: Identify at least 5 stakeholders. For each stakeholder identify at least 1 stakeholder need (what
the stakeholder may want from the company). Now, identify at least 5 processes that may be
required to fulfil stakeholder needs (approx. one page).
1. 3: Pick one process from previous task; identify at least 10 inputs and 5 outputs for that process
(approx. half page)
1. 4: For the process used in 1.3, determine 5 performance parameters and 5 methods that can be
used to measure those performance parameters (approx. half page).
1. 5: Identify at least 5 key elements (components) that are needed to implement a continuous
improvement program for this organisation. Provide a brief description for each element (approx.
Task 2 (20 marks): Environmental Management System (EMS) / ISO 14001:2004
Complete the following tasks using the example of a mining company (e.g. Rio Tinto, BHP
2. 1: Determine which legislations and what sections of the legislation are applicable to mining
operations (federal and state legislations). This may include both generic and specific legislations.
(approx. one page).
2. 2: Determine at least 5 stakeholders of the organisation and minimum 2 stakeholder needs for
each stakeholder (approx. one page).
2. 3: Determine 5 processes that describe the organisationâ€™s operations. For each process
determine at least 2 sub-processes. These may include both mining and non-mining processes
(approx. one page).
2. 4: Select 2 main processes from the above list and identify at least 5 environmental aspects for
each of those 2 main processes (altogether 10 environmental aspects, approx. one page) .
2. 5: Now, identify at least 5 environmental impacts for each the 2 main processes selected above
(altogether 10 environmental impacts) (approx. one page).
2. 6: Write down at least 1 objective for each of the 10 environmental aspects previously identified
(altogether 10 environmental objectives) (approx. one page).
2. 7: Determinethe (realistic and relevant) targets for all of the 10 environmental objectives
identified above (altogether 10 environmental targets) (approx. one page).
2. 8: Identify at least 2 actions for each environmental target identified above (altogether 20
environmental actions) (approx. one page).
2. 9: Determine at least 5 methods that can be used to measure or monitor the progress of the
implementation of the environmental actions (approx. one page).
Task 3 (10 marks): Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) / AS
Complete the following tasks using the example of a construction company in Australia or
3. 1: Determine which legislations and what section(s) of the legislation are applicable to companyâ€™s
operations (federal and state legislations, generic or specific legislations, approx. one page).
3. 2: Describe at least 10 risks for companyâ€™s operations in accordance with the AS/NZS 4801
(approx. one page).
3. 3: Develop a risk assessment chart and assess all the risks identified under 3.2 (approx. one
3. 4: Describe at least 2 actions for all the risks identified under 3.2 (approx. one page).
Note: All tasks have to be completed and submittd as one single assignment.
Please read the guidelines at the following UTS website (URL: http://www.bell.uts.edu.au/
awg/common/plagiarism) carefully and follow strictly all the UTS policies and rules for plagiarism.
Incorrect use of quotations, paraphrasing, references, etc. may result in high penalties.
Two main criteria will be applied to determine whether an assignment breaches plagiarism rules:
Incorrect use of quotations, paraphrasing, references, etc. (samples will be posted at
UTSOnline, subject website)
Unacceptable amount of quotations, paraphrasing, references, etc. Usually more than 5% is
considered as unacceptable. However, each assignment will be checked individually and
different percentage may be allowed in some circumstances.
Extensions to the stated times will be granted ONLY for illness and on the basis of a doctor
certificate. Work or travel pressures are NOT valid grounds for an extension.
Marks will be deducted for late submissions on the basis of 5 marks for every week late.
We will attempt to return the marked assignments within 2-3 weeks of receipt.
Get value for your money,Â confidentiality isÂ guaranteedÂ and customer support services/communication with your writer areÂ available 24/7. Place your Order Now.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more