Every number should be under different heading and reference should be higlighted saperatly as well.
1. You have data from a corporation on the annual salary of each of its 200 employees.
a Illustrate how the data can be presented as ratio, interval, ordinal, and nominal data.
b Describe the successive loss of information as the presentation changes from ratio to nominal.
2. A new hire at Mobil Oil, you are asked to assume the management of the Mobil Restaurant Guide. Each restaurant striving to be included in the guide needs to be evaluated. Only a select few restaurants may earn the five-star status. What dimensions would you choose to measure to apply the one to five stars in the Mobil Restaurant Guide?
3. An investigative question in your employee satisfaction study seeks to assess employee “ job involvement.” Create a measurement question that uses the following scales:
a. A graphic rating scale.
b. A multiple rating list.
Which scale do you recommend and why?
4. According to Business Week, the U. S. workforce is becoming a temporary workforce. Even full- time workers are often contract employees without health, vacation, or other benefits. What measurement scale( s) would be appropriate to measure this trend?
5. Why is it desirable to pretest survey instruments? What information can you secure from such a pretest? How can you find the best wording for a question on a questionnaire?
6. One design problem in the development of survey instruments concerns the sequence of questions. What suggestions would you give to researchers designing their first questionnaire?
7. You conduct a survey of a sample of 25 members of this year’s graduating marketing students and find that the average GPA is 3.2. The standard deviation of the sample is 0.4. Over the last 10 years, the average GPA has been 3.0. Is the GPA of this year’s students significantly different from the long-run average? At what alpha level would it be
8. You are curious about whether the professors and students at your school are of different political persuasions, so you take a sample of 20 professors and 20 students drawn randomly from each population. You find that 10 professors say they are conservative and 6 students say they are conservative. Is this a statistically significant difference?
9. What hypothesis testing procedure would you use in the following situations?
a. A test classifies applicants as accepted or rejected. On the basis of data on 200 applicants, we test the hypothesis that ad placement success is not related to gender.
b A company manufactures and markets automobiles in two different countries. We want to know if the gas mileage is the same for vehicles from both facilities. There are samples of 45 units from each facility.
10. Your class team in research methods has completed a field project for a financial institution on branch location effectiveness. What questions about audience analysis should you answer as you plan your presentation?
Focusessays.com has been offering academic support services to students since 2002 and more than 60% of our customers are return clients. We have skilled and experienced writers in all academic levels and subjects. Entrust us with your assignment and you will get a custom essay which is 100% original within its deadline. Get value for your money, confidentiality is guaranteed and customer support services/communication with your writer are available 24/7. Place your Order Now.