GUIDELINES FOR THE REFLECTION EXERCISE
Reflection facilitates learning as well as resolution of complex problems…Reflective practice is more than just thoughtful practice… Reflection is about the action itself, about deliberation on best practice choices in nursing and about options for reconstructing the experience
1. Watch the How Mad are You part 1 and 2 DVD s loaded to study desk.
2. Complete your reflections as a one page document, using 12 point font and 1.5 spacing. Consider the following points.
3. Record your thoughts and feelings about Mental Illness. Be honest
4. How have these thoughts and feelings affected your knowledge?
5. How do these thoughts and feelings affect your attitude?
6. How do these thoughts and feelings affect your behaviour?
7. What will you hope to achieve in this course in regards to your reflections?
8. Did the DVD change anything for you?