You are to form into pairs (self selected or facilitator selected). You are an outsourced HR Provider and provide organisations of all sizes a full range of generic HR Services. One of your clients, has grown in size and is aware that to remain competitive in their market they must ensure their staff is performing to maximum efficiency. They are a small to medium sized firm and to date, and do not have an HR Department.
They have approached your company and are interested in your HR Services, which includes a detailed analysis and identification of gap areas.
1. Choose a small to medium organisation that is willing to assist you with company information.
2. Draw an organisational chart of their structure.
3. Write 1-2 paragraphs on their products/services.
4. Obtain their mission statement and their strategic/business goals.
5. Summarise the staffing levels and their roles and responsibilities.
6. Develop a HR Service Level Agreement for the provision of HR services that will assist them to highlight HR gap areas for the purpose of providing recommendations to ensure achievement of departmental and organisational objectives are achieved. (Note: Use a template provided by the facilitator).
What to submit
A. A Summary of the company formation, structure and strategic direction of the company (items 2-5 above approximately 400 words).
B. A HR Service Level Agreement (approximately 1200 words) that is to include:
– Terms of the Agreement
– Services to be provided
– HR Service Agreement Objectives
– Mission/Vision/Strategic/Operational Objectives
– HR Gap Analysis
– Service Timelines
– HR Staffing Levels and Responsibilities
Standards required for the submission
One summary report of approximately 400 words “ using appropriate business language. The report is to contain the items listed in 2-5 of the Assessment Task. The organisational chart cannot be hand drawn.
A Service Level Agreement of approximately 1200 words that contains all the elements described above using appropriate headings/format and appropriate business language that contains sufficient information and detail that is easily understood by the reader. Include references where required. The template is to be followed.
This assessment will require equal contribution from both students.
SUGGESTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESS
1. ZAPPIS PIZZERIA
Zappis is situated in Lane Coveand has seating for 40people and sell pastas and pizz’s -eat- in or take away. it is unlicensed to sell alcohol
Staff: Owner(1) Manager(1), phone Oredr Clerk (1) Kitchen Staff(3),Serving Staff(5),Dellivery Drivers(4)Cashier(1)
2. TAYLORS TRAVEL AGENCY
Taylors is situated in a shopping center in North Ryde. It is fully accredited and licensed to sell all forms of travel.Its clients are both corporate and leisure travellers.
Staff:Owner(1) Manager(1) Senior Consultants(2) International Travel Consultants(4)Domestic Travel Consultants(3)Document Clerk(1) Receptionist(1) Accounts Part- Time(1)
3. CAFE AU LAIT
Cafe au Lait is situated is Surry Hills and sells coffee, tea and rage of vakes,pastries and sandwiches.It also caters for small functions in surrounding offices.
Staff: Owner(1), Managger(1) Barrista(2) Counter Staff (3)Serving Staff(4) Kitchen Staff(3) Receotion and Phone Order(1) Cashier(1) Accounts Part- Time(1)
YOU CAN CHOOSE ONE OF THSE AS THE SUBJECT OF ASSESSMENT 1 OR YOU CAN USE A REAL SMALL BUSINESS