1. Purpose: Write one essay on a Cultural Awareness topic Sub-Saharan Africa
2. Essay Guidelines. Prepare one essays, each 1500-2000 words in length, using the Modern Language Association (MLA) format/writing style. The essays will include the following in this order:
1. Title Page
2. Formal sentence outline (your outline must contain at least four supporting ideas with at least two subtopics for each supporting idea)
3. Final draft
4. Works cited page (a list of research from at least four different sources)
5. Clarity index (see clarity info page)
6. Mind Mapping
? Conduct library/internet research; only 40% of the essay is work cited from the research and no Wikipedia is allowed. 60% of the essay must be your own thoughts, ideas, and analysis.
? Type your essay on a computer and print it out on standard, white 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
? Double-space the text of your paper, and use a legible font like Times New Roman. The font size should be 12 pt.
? Leave two spaces after periods and one space after other punctuation marks (unless otherwise instructed by your instructor).
SUBJECT: Essay Guidelines
? Set the margins of your document to one-inch on all sides. Indent the first line of a paragraph one half-inch (five spaces or press tab once) from the left margin.
? Create a header that numbers all pages consecutively in the upper right-hand corner, one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin. (Note: Your instructor may ask that you omit the number on your first page. Always follow your instructor’s guidelines.)
? Use either italics or underlining throughout your essay for the titles of longer works and, only when necessary, providing emphasis.
? If you have any endnotes, include them on a separate page before your Works Cited page.
Formatting the First Page of Your Paper (not the Title Page)
a. In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, list your name, your instructor’s name, the course, and the date. Again, be sure to use double-spaced text.
b. Double space again and center the title. Don’t underline your title or put it in quotation marks; write the title in Title Case, not in all capital letters.
c. Double space between the title and the first line of the text.
d. Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number; number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.
3. Clarity Index. When Microsoft Word finishes checking spelling and grammar, it can display information about the reading level of the document, including the following readability scores. For your essay, your documents should contain no more than 10 percent passive sentences in order to receive a satisfactory rating. The Flesch Reading Ease score rates text on a 100-point scale; the higher the score, the easier it is to understand the document. For your document, the standard is a score of approximately 40-60 in order to receive a satisfactory rating. The Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score rates text on a U.S. grade-school level, for example, a score of 8.0 means that an eighth grader can understand the document. For your documents, the standard is a grade level of approximately 10.0 to 13.0 for a satisfactory score.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more