Topic 3 Focus on the learner. Learner variation: learner processes, influence of individual factors (age, personality, motivation). Learner strategies
Theories of Second Language Learning
Introduction to Topic 3: The Learner
On completion of this topic, you should be able to:
– articulate the ways in which researchers have attempted to gauge the effects of age, motivation, aspects of personality and intelligence on language development
– distinguish learning styles from learning strategies and describe how learners differ in these respects
– describe how variations in learning styles and strategies might be catered for in language teaching
– describe the features of Schumann s Acculturation Model
– discuss how a social perspective on the learner differs from an individual perspective
– critique the notion of motivation through reference to ideas of social identity and investment in the target language.
Could you please download the attached and start
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more