Consider the following household: a 40 year old male who earns $100,000 per year as a middle manager at a Fortune 500 company who is married to a 38 year old attorney who also earns $100,000 per year. This couple does not have any children.
You are to select up to 10 assets that you believe are appropriate for a portfolio, as well as the weights in the portfolio. You also will need to select a benchmark to compare your portfolio with.
Choose a list of assets that you have selected for the portfolio, including the weights of the individual assets in the portfolio, as well as the benchmark portfolio. Please consider these 4 assets:
1. SPDR S&P 500 (SPY)
2. Zynga, Inc. (ZNGA)
3. Dendreon Corp. (DNDN)
4. UBS E-TRACS Long Platinum TR ETN (PTM)
USE S&P 500 AS A BENCHMARK.
Please add 2 to 4 more assets to the portfolio
The report will include:
1. Discussion of the investment plan chosen, including investment goals and risk.
2. Discussion of the rationale for the choice of benchmark portfolio.
3. Discussion of the performance of the investment portfolio, including:
o Documentation of the average weekly return of the portfolio and the benchmark
o Documentation of the standard deviation of weekly returns and the benchmark portfolio
4. Factors that affected the performance of the portfolio and the benchmark (economy, market sectors of specific assets, industry specific effects, country specific effects if relevant).
5. Information that you became aware of following selection of the portfolio that could have affected the portfolio?s performance.
Grading will be based on:
1. The degree to which the report is complete and includes all elements specified above.
2. The degree to which financial theory and course concepts have been applied correctly.
3. Whether the paper is clearly written and has been proofed for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
4. How clearly statistical information is presented.
5. The correctness of calculations.