10. Does the case of “The Government as Catalyst” ultimately support or contradict the Thompson-Perry argument? Why or why not? What is their definition of “collaboration process” and argument? On the other hand, does the case offer a different, even more convincing model?
11. How might the cases of Bernadine Healy and William Robertson illustrate Wise’s thesis of the uniqueness of public sector personnel motivation? Do you agree or disagree that the motivational factors in the public service differ fundamentally from those in business? And if so, why do these differences persist? How do you personally relate to the issues raised here–what is your motivation in public service section employment?
12. Why does Rubin stress that the chief tension in public budgeting is between public accountability and public acceptability? What does she mean by those terms? Was that tension illustrated in the death of a spy satellite? Give an instance from your own experience which may also illustrate the point Rubin is making.
13. Does the case study “Expectations” illustrate a type of what Light calls a particular “tide” of reform? How should Bennet have better crafted his reorganization strategy tbefore he implemented it? Learned more about the community that Manual served? Communicated his ideas for change more effectively? Considered what power (per Long’s article) he could draw upon and what power to oppose his reforms was available? What are the seminal lessons in this case regarding effective planning for administrative reorganization in order to ensure success?
14. Specifically compare and contrast how Friedrich’s and Finer’s central ideas about administrative responsibility apply in the case of torture. Were some of their views more applicable to resolving this apparent dilemma of responsible administrative behavior at Abu Gharib? Which ones? Why? How better might the “public interest” be secured, not only in this case, but in any such future administrative actions?
15. How would you sum up the advice about ethical behavior in the public office suggested in the article by Dwight Waldo? How might this advice apply in comparing and contrasting Case 1 (“The Blast in Centralia No. 5) with Case 16 (“George Tenet and the Last Great Days of the CIA”) from the standpoint of the ethical lessons they yield for public administrators. Can you extract from the cases a specific list of important lessons for practicing public administrators regarding public administration and ethics?
Choose two questions and answer 4 pages for each one.
The text book is PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION CONCEPTS AND CASES, Richard J. Stillmam || .
I’m an international student so don’t make perfect grammar but I need very very good and complete information to get A. this is FINAL test.
Focusessays.com has been offering academic support services to students since 2002 and more than 60% of our customers are return clients. We have skilled and experienced writers in all academic levels and subjects. Entrust us with your assignment and you will get a custom essay which is 100% original within its deadline. Get value for your money, confidentiality is guaranteed and customer support services/communication with your writer are available 24/7. Place your Order Now.