Critiquing a national plan/strategy/framework
Length: 1,500-2,000 words
For Assignment 2 you are required to analyse Chapter One and any one of Chapters 2-4 of Australia: the healthiest Country by 2020 National Preventative Health Strategy – the roadmap for action the report of the National Preventative Health Taskforce.
This Report is Attached.
Identify and examine the strengths and weaknesses of the National Preventative Health Taskforce Report, from a socio-environmental health promotion perspective 11
Support your views by reference to health promotion theory and principles and relevant literature.
1. All general assessment criteria are complied with
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the National Preventative Health Taskforce Report and health promotion literature
3. Demonstrated ability to use the theory as an analytical tool to assess the National Preventative Health Taskforce Report.
Marking Guide Criterion
1. Clear structure is used with headings and relevant sub-headings
Each section of the paper is well linked to the adjacent sections and clearly builds on the overall thesis of the paper
2. Provides a lucid introduction and conclusion
The introduction, meeting the credit criteria, is succinctly written and it very accurately reflects the actual structure and outcomes of the paper.
3. Complies with normal academic standards of presentation, referencing and reference details
Referencing complies consistently, with no errors, to an accepted system and the paper is consistently well presented in every detail.
4. Clearly written, with accurate spelling, grammar, sentence, and paragraph construction.
The paper has a consistently high level in terms of all of the areas of clear expression, syntax, grammar and sentence and paragraph construction.
Below are some of the recommended relevant literature to Support your views in reference to health promotion theory and principles;
1. Labonte, R (1992) Heart health inequalities in Canada: models, theory and planning, Health Promotion International, 7(2) pp 119-128.
2. Olsen, A., Dixon, J., Banwell, C. & Baker, P (2009) ‗Weighing it up: the missing social inequalities dimension in Australian obesity policy discourse‘ Health Promotion Journal of Australia, vol 20 no.3.
3. Keleher, H. (2007). ―Reframing health promotion‖ in H. Keleher, C. MacDougall and B. Murphy (eds) Understanding Health, Oxford University Press, Melbourne. Chapter 3.
4. Alma Ata for Primary Health Care www.who.int/hpr/NPH/docs/declaration_almaata.pdf
5. Jakarta Declaration www.who.int/hpr/NPH/docs/jakarta_declaration_en.pdf
6. WHO (1986). Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion, First International Conference on Health Promotion, Ottawa, 21 November 1986 – WHO/HPR/HEP/95.1
7. McMichael, A. & Butler, C. 2007) ‗Emerging health issues: the widening challenge for population health promotion‘, Health Promotion International, vol 21, no S1.
8. Ritsatakis, A (2009) ‗Equity and social determinants of health at a city level‘, Health Promotion International, vol 24, no S1
9. Kickbusch, I. (2010) ‗Health in all policies: where to from here?‘ Health Promotion International, vol 25, no 3
Please note, you may also use your own literature in addition to some listed above to support your work.
Focusessays.com has been offering academic support services to students since 2002 and more than 60% of our customers are return clients. We have skilled and experienced writers in all academic levels and subjects. Entrust us with your assignment and you will get a custom essay which is 100% original within its deadline. Get value for your money, confidentiality is guaranteed and customer support services/communication with your writer are available 24/7. Place your Order Now.