Critical Evaluation Information
Length: Between 1,000 and 1,500 words
Qualitative research article to be read for the critical evaluation # 2 is:
Homel, R., Thomsen, S. and Thommeny, J. (1992). Public Drinking and Violence: Not Just An Alcohol Problem. Journal of Drug Issues, 22,679-697.
CRITICAL EVALUATION FORMAT:
Paragraph format (i.e., students should construct and summarise a reasoned, critical reflection in narrative form around the sets of questions below). Students SHOULD consult critical evaluation examples on the web site (see Additional readings folder). Please note that the critical evaluation is an essay. As such, you must DISCUSS your answer for each question instead of providing a series of short answer questions.
CRITICAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS:
Students will critically evaluate empirical research articles in criminology. One will be a summary of a qualitative study. Students will write approximately 1,000 words for each critical evaluation. Students evaluations MUST address the following sets of questions about the research.
1. Research question: What is the research question(s) or problem? Please explain.
2. Theoretical framework: What was the theoretical framework (i.e., literature review which includes theories and/or past research used to introduce and justify the relevance of the study)? Please discuss the most important elements of the theoretical framework and whether it was appropriate for the research question(s) addressed in this study.
3. Hypotheses: Were any hypotheses stated? What were these hypotheses? Were these hypotheses justified adequately in terms of the theoretical framework and prior research? Please explain.
4. Methodology: Was any particular research design used? Was any particular sampling method used? Was a survey, participant observation, qualitative interviews or some other data collection method used? Discuss the methodology used by the authors and how well the methodology was suited to the research question posed and the specific hypotheses tested, if any? Explain why the author(s) chose this particular method?
5. Results: Discuss the main findings in relation to the research question(s).
6. Discussion and conclusion: What additional research questions and hypotheses are suggested by the study s results? Discuss the findings in relation to the theoretical framework used and social policy questions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more