First, review the background reading materials.
In Leading Generation X: Do the Old Rules Apply? Rodriguez, Green, and Ree consider whether or not the perception of effective leadership differs between “Generation Xers” and the “baby boomers”.
In the studies done by Behrstock, E., & Clifford, M. (2009) and Bernstein, L., Alexander, D., & Alexander, B.. (2008, December), they show the U.S. Generations with it characteristics. See Table 1 on p. 1 and Table 2 on p. 20 respectively.
Next, as you read the studies, examine the table information closely (or from your own literature search) with the insights and findings presented by Rodriquez, Green, and Ree in Leading Generation X: Do the Old Rules Apply?
Last, in 3-4 pages, present your discovery of the implications of Rodriguez, Green, and Reeâ€™s 2003 study of these two groups (Baby boomers and Generation X) and lead to a discussion for the implication of the study done by Behrstock, E., & Clifford, M. (2009). The discussion should include the following:
1) Identify and explain the authorsâ€™ studies including the authorâ€™s stated or implied purpose.
2) Identify and analytically examine a problem that may be present with the generation Y teachers relative to their attributions in Table 1 on p. 1 of Behrstock & Clifford’s (2009) study and Table 2 on p. 20 in the study of Bernstein, et al. (2008). For the problem you mention, include specific information from the studies that provide evidence to justify your point of view in the problem statement.
3) Based on the problem statement, provide a possible Research Question that you think warrant further investigation in the further research.
4) Conclude your paper explaining what strategies can schol leaders incoprate in order to assist Generation Y teachers in addressing the problem.
To support your response to the assignments above, include one or two more references your own in the paper.
1. The content of your report is to demonstrate your grasp of the concepts, insights, and issues presented in the assigned readings.
2. The structure of your report is to demonstrate your ability to analyze- NOT simply summarize – the information presented in the assigned readings.
3. All points and assertions made should be supported with scholarly references.
4. General format / mechanics
Approximately 3-4 pages in length including a reference list;
Organized in a clear and coherent manner (intro â€“ body, body –conclusion);