3979NRS COMMUNITY HEALTH AND DIVERSITY (3979NRS_3121_GC) > ASSESSMENT > ASSIGNMENT > ASSIGNMENT TASK
Assignment task and assignment criteria
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Griffith University
3979NRS Community Health and Diversity
Semester 1, Assignment Topic
Assignment: Community health nursing assignment
Word count: 2,000 words
Due: 8.00 pm, Monday 16th April
This assignment has been designed to examine your knowledge and understanding of primary health care approaches to health care in nursing within a community setting.
1. Choose one of the given scenarios.
2. Use the scholarly literature to explore one of the identified issues for this client group.
3. Using an empowerment approach, discuss how the nurse could promote health literacy in relation to this issue with:
An individual client; and
The client group as a whole
1. You are working as a registered nurse at a mental health homeless outreach team.
Issue: Young mental health clients who do not take their drugs
2. You are working as community health centre nurse with a large population of people who have recently arrived as refugees in Australia.
Issue: There is a high prevalence TB in this group
3. You are working as a school nurse in a school which is attended by a large number of children who have moderate to severe disabilities. You are working with the parents of these children.
Issue: The families are socially isolated from both each other, and do not engage with activities that are unrelated to their child s disability.
4. You are working as a remote area nurse in a remote Indigenous community OR
You are working as a primary health care nurse in a developing country.
Issue: There is a high prevalence of otitis media in the children in the community
5. You are working as an occupational health nurse in a mining community with a large fly-in fly-out population.
Issue: Many of the men are presenting with HIV/AIDS, which they have contracted while on holiday trips to South East Asia.
6. You are working as a child health nurse in an urban low socio-economic area with single parent women who have a pre-school child/ren
Issue: You notice that many of the mothers have either limited or negative interactions with their child/ren.
Assessment task criteria
Demonstrates an understanding of health literacy, and how health professionals can promote health literacy
Demonstrates an understanding of health literacy in relation to the identified issue
Bases discussion, analysis and strategies on community health principles, including: empowerment approaches; health promotion principles; and a primary health care model (rather than the medical model)
Addresses social determinants of health in relation to the group and issue
Differentiates between an individual focus and a population focus
Accesses, analyses and uses appropriate literature
Assignment is clear, logical, succinct and focused on the topic
Presents material in accordance with academic standards
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more