Students are to read the following extract regarding Starbuck s stance on marketing to
young customers (included in Learner Activities book). Students are to undertake the
role of a marketer and stakeholder for Starbucks and present a completed marketing
plan to launch a range of products to children. The plan must incorporate the following:
Part A “ develop a marketing plan
1) Identify and/or develop organisational objectives in regards to launching a new
line of product for children and acknowledging Starbuck s younger customers
2) Evaluate the risks of these objectives including a SWOT
3) Look at marketing opportunity options (joint ventures, new ventures, product
4) Develop marketing strategies that can deliver the identified organisational
5) Evaluate what resources and capabilities would be required to deliver these
6) Outline the marketing mix to deliver the strategies and a rational for the chosen
7) Detail tactics to implement the strategies including an implementation (action)
plan with timeline, scheduling and persons responsible. The timeline should allow
for the plan to be approved by management and changes made before
Part B “ reviewing the marketing plan
8) Develop a marketing performance review strategy and monitoring mechanisms to
determine if strategies are effective once implemented
9) Justify that the marketing strategies meet legal and ethical requirements. Identify
where this might be challenged (e.g. marketing to young people)
10) Identify potential stakeholders who will need to sign-off on the marketing plan
11) From your list of potential stakeholders, select one whom you will now represent.
Consider the marketing plan from the perspective of this stakeholder, and
assuming you are this stakeholder, provide 200 words of feedback on the plan in
terms of how it will impact on you (as the stakeholder) and if it will meet your
needs in the delivery of the product.
12) Returning to the role of the marketer, include a paragraph on what you might
need to adjust in the marketing plan in response to the feedback from the above
stakeholder . Discuss if the feedback will impact on your ability to implement the
plan within the required timeframe.
Students are to read and understand from the article that management acknowledges:
· Starbucks is a family venue
· The under-18 set has become part of the coffee chain s customer base
· The need to add new drinks or drink sizes that better meet the needs of kids or
· And that if children come into Starbuck stores unsupervised, Starbuck s need to
have products that are appropriate to that age group.
Word count: 2000. Due one week after last lesson.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more