1. Discuss the impact of the 2008 global financial crisis on ONE of the flowing countries “ Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines “ and compare it with the impact of the 1997 Asian crisis, and examine the similarities, differences and reasons for them.
2. Just one country. DIvide the paper into sections like OVERVIEW, SIMILARITIES, DIFFERENCES and REASONS.
3. The essay should be typed (i.e. word processed). The maximum length is 1,500 words, including appendices, tables and notes but excluding the list of references.
4. The essay should include an abstract of less than 100 words, which will not be counted towards the word limit.
5. Attention will be paid to the following aspects of the essay: structure and organisation; depth and quality of research; analysis and critical thinking; use of language; academic scholarship (referencing and bibliography) and presentation.
An essay will be assessed as excellent if it covers all major issues, demonstrates a clear and deep knowledge of the problem being discussed and of the relevant theory/models, their main assumptions, their limitations, and presents relevant empirical data in a clear but concise manner. Where the issue is contentious, the essay should show a solid understanding of the different points of view and opposing arguments, recognising arguments which support a particular proposition, and those which undermine it, provides a balanced but critical assessment of the different arguments and empirical evidence where relevant. It should present your own conclusions in a manner which would persuade a neutral reader. Marks will be given for original work only.
6.All sources should be properly referenced using a standard referencing format such as the Harvard style.