To Be Prepared by Top 10 Writer.
The written comprehensive assignment must be timely submitted. It may not exceed 20 pages (double spaced, 12pt font). Approx 6 – 7 pages per topic. The page count does not include title and reference pages. However, there is no minimum page requirement. Papers must be submitted in accordance with APA guidelines.
The paper must be well developed and consider stakeholder(s) positions integrating your research and analysis. The paper must demonstrate mastery of basic writing mechanics (grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation). The paper must be clear, organized, concise, persuasive, and supported with applicable references.
You will be responding to a total of three different scenarios (cases).
You are encouraged to use primary sources for research. This does not include wikipedia, blog sites, fellow students, co-workers, and other types of references. Generally speaking, you will need 3-5 references for each part of the paper. If appropriate, you may use the same reference in each part. All references must be disclosed and properly cited. This paper is an independent project.
Porter, Gary A. & Horton, Curtis, L. (2011). Using Financial Information: The alternative to Debits and Credits. (7th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning. (ISBN:978-0-538-47761-1).
Your achievement level for each objective will be measured by your ability, via a written paper, to:
1. Demonstrate a proficient understanding of the accounting environment.
2. Demonstrate an effective analysis of complex issues in tax and accounting.
3. Effectively present accounting recommendations or findings, clearly, and concisely in a professional format using APA guidelines.
Part I of III:
This is part one of a three part paper. You must work independently of others. Be sure to cite all your sources, in APA format. Respond clearly. Write in an active tone.
You were just assigned to gather facts and make a recommendation to the board of directors whether to accept or reject a new project. You work at a publicly traded Fortune 1000 corporation. The project involves a new and improved version (X57) of an existing widget (W1) that your firm produces. If you manufacture the X57, just to assemble the product, you need to retool the plant, expand, and hire additional workers. If you do not build the plant you must evaluate the suppliersâ€™ financial situation, because if they fail, so do you.
The X57 widget has 125 parts and requires 200 man hours to assemble. Some of these parts (25%) are manufactured in China. Another 25% are manufactured in Mexico, and the rest are across the United States. You are very concerned about the logistics of your parts manufactured so far away. Often, these valuable parts containing precious metals are intercepted by the pirates, terrorists, or thieves. Demand for the X57 appears to be very high, but you are not certain the amount. The W1 represents 25% of your firmâ€™s revenue and results in 15% profits. One of the directors gave you a heads up on some questions to expect from different members during your presentation. Questions include:
1) What facts do you need to gather related to analyzing financial information?
2) What steps do you need to follow to evaluate a financial project?
3) What forms of organization is available for a new entity?
4) There is another business, overseas, that your firm may purchase to manufacture and assemble the X57. You have their financial statements. However, they use International Financial Reporting Standards, not U.S. GAAP. The board wants to know if there is a difference, if so, what?
5) The financial statement shows retained earnings as ($575,000). What does that mean?
6) Discuss qualitative characteristics in financial statements that are necessary.
7) What is the operating cycle for the X57?
8) If you recommend to purchase or build a plant, what are the sources of funding and how is that reported on the financial statements?
9) If you do obtain funds, for example by issuing stock, how is that reported on your U.S. financial statements? What regulatory body oversees those financial statements?
10) One board member will ask you about external factors, such as terrorism, piracy, etc. He wants to know how an external event, such as if the economy crashes in Greece, could that impact our company? He wants to know what is an external event?
Part II of III:
This is part two of a three part paper. You must work independently of others. Be sure to cite all your sources, in APA format. Respond clearly and write in an active tone. You may use other professional source (not wikipedia) than the text book (i.e. IFRS.com, AICPA.org, etc.).
You were previously assigned to gather facts and make a recommendation to the board of directors whether to accept or reject the new W1 project. This part pertains to a telephone conference with several board members requiring follow up.
Your task is to explain to the board, via written communication due on June 3, 2012, the following:
The board is looking at purchasing companies in five different countries (United States, China, Mexico, Japan, and India) to manufacture the W1. One newly appointed board member remembered that US GAAP is different from International Financial Reporting Standards, but is not sure about the specifics.
His comments concerned the other board members. You must research and communicate how the financial statements will differ and why. Are there any unusual differences? What about regulation? Remember to be specific especially concerning statements of cash flow and income, and the balance sheet. Lastly, briefly describe other laws or obstacles that may impact doing business in a foreign country.
Part III of III:
I wonâ€™t have for two weeks, I will place another order then to have the final 6 pages or so of the paper finished.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more